Partnership Teacher Residency at Alder Graduate School of Education
The Alder Graduate School of Education teacher residency program is based on a model that combines immersive hands-on practice in the classroom with educational theory and research. In collaboration with the Partnership for Los Angeles Schools, Alder’s teacher residents will be assigned to LA Unified schools within the Partnership’s network. Each resident will be paired with a mentor teacher from whom they will learn throughout the year. We are seeking teacher residents for Math, Science, Special Education (K-12), and English.
Our residents will:
- Earn their Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential in one year
- Apprentice four days a week with a mentor teacher in the Partnership for LA Schools network (which are part of LA Unified School District)
- Learn alongside a cohort of peers who are also assigned to a Partnership school
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader and get support through one-on-one observation and dialogue
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with their mentor, instructors, and peers
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position in the LA Unified School District (and specifically the Partnership for LA Schools network) upon completing the program
- Do all of this with a minimal cost of tuition and with access to financial support!
Learn more below.