- https://www.pbssocal.org/kids/ – great, evidence based games and learning activities for children (no older than elementary school age)
- https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/ – this website offers activities and information that can support in having difficult conversations with and showing support for their children during challenging times
- https://www.today.com/parenting-guides – check out these parent guides by grade (from PreK to High school). This not only includes tips for parents to support their kids academically, but in all other areas.
- https://www.lapl.org/events – Here is a list of the different events being held virtually at LA Public Library branches.
- https://www.lapl.org/kids/fun – this is a supplemental tab that also has events and other fun activities specifically for kids
- https://lacountylibrary.org/virtual-programming/ – Here is the list of virtual events being hosted through the Los Angeles County Library.
- https://www.storylineonline.net/ – This is a website that posts videos of celebrities reading books. There are also supplemental activities on this website that families can do together.
- https://qualitystartla.org/read-from-the-start/ – Here are book lists that are created monthly. The books are themed and they connect to an activity that families can do with their children. (this is specific for younger children, from PreK through 3rd grade I would say)
- https://www.rif.org/literacy-central/search/field_support_type/video-935?query=read%20aloud&field_themes=All&type=All – Here are animated read-alouds that children can watch with their families.
- https://www.readingrockets.org/article/reading-tips-parents-multiple-languages – Here are tips for parents on how to engage in reading activities with their kids (in multiple languages)
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ – This website provides physical activities that families can do together with their kids
Activities and Games for Students and Families
How to help your child take a break with these fun activities.